Kids need to eat healthy in their growing stage of life. Good quality food or breakfast will fuel their energy for the rest of the day. In kid’s the brain and the body are still developing and they need to consume food enriched with vitamins and proteins in a good quantity. A healthy breakfast in the morning is the best start to a day. It is very easy to make healthy and good food for your kid. Below mentioned are few kid breakfast ideas healthy :
Eggs are a huge source of nutrients and high-quality protein high-quality the most staple breakfast item which is delicious and yet very easy to make. The proteins present in eggs are very important for kids as they help in building muscle mass and tissues. Egg yolks are a huge source of antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin, which benefits the eye and the brain. Higher levels of lutein in the body help improve eye health and also enhances academic performances improving the score of the child.
- Scrambled eggs with toast are a very good and healthy option for the kids in the morning. This will keep the child feeling full. Using whole wheat bread is a wide choice here.
- Hard-boiled eggs are a great source of protein and should be given to the child for their growth and health.
- Making egg and vegetable muffins are easy and are very light on the plate. To make this add eggs and vegetables of your choice with salt and pepper, grease muffin mould and bake.
Whole wheat grain
Whole wheat grain food includes brown rice, whole wheat, oats, quinoa, sorghum, and millet.
- Overnight soaked oats are easy to prepare with the child’s favourite milk and toppings.
- Sorghum is a great breakfast option. A gluten-free whole grain and it has a chewy and nutty texture. It can be given to the child with any type of milk and fruits.
- Blueberry muffins are a tasty yet healthy breakfast option as it is packed with antioxidants.
- Peanut butter and banana cookies can be a delicious start to the day filled with proteins.
- Every child loves chocolate and what better way to start their day with some chocolate protein powder pancakes.
Breakfast smoothies are a great option for the kids and they can add their favourite fruits and vegetables into them. All these fruits and vegetables will increase the weight of the child. Adding yoghurt into the smoothie is a smart and delicious option.
Two of the best smoothie options
- Banana chocolate peanut butter smoothie is a rich and filling breakfast for the kids. Make sure you give your kid small portions according to their appetite.
- Greek yoghurt smoothie bowl is a fulfilling and rich breakfast option, best for the kids as they can add their favourite flavour of yoghurt, favourite fruits and nuts and milk.
It’s important to make sure that your child is getting the adequate nutrients required. Deficiency in nutrients can lead to retarted growth and diseases.